Prayer Adventure: Ambato, Ecuador
The group of short-term missionaries will be putting on their walking shoes and hitting the streets of Ambato, Ecuador in prayer. We believe prayer is essential and central to bring change to the world. That's exactly what we are aiming for, and you can help. This is an amazing adventure and a unique opportunity for you to literally come alongside our missionaries in prayer as they walk to these different locations and pray over them today. Take some time out of your day today to pray with us.
“I will not enter my house or go to my bed, I will allow no sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids, till I find a place for the Lord, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob.” - Psalm 132:3-5
- We desire as a church body that the tangible presence of God would rest on us. We are praying for an outpouring of His Spirit to the point that when someone steps into the building they would be overwhelmed by the love and the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We are praying for a spirit of worship and prayer to arise in our midst from the youngest to the oldest. That prayer would be the essence of who we are and that everyone would catch the vision.
- Numerical fruit, that our "houses of prayer" would grow and multiply and that every service would grow in attendance.Mirador // City Lookout Point"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.” - John 17:12-13
- Pray that all the believers in Ambato would come together and love radically so that the world may believe in Jesus and His finished work on the cross.
- Pray for a revelation of our identity as sons and daughters of God.
- Pray for a hunger of God to sweep across Ambato.
- Pray people would begin to search for answers and that they would only find the answers in Jesus.
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Matthew 9:36
- Claim the park for Jesus.
- In a few days we will have our big event in Theater “Lalama” a few blocks away.
- Pray for God to draw the people who live and work downtown to attend.
- Pray for God’s Spirit to be poured out on us in a powerful way!
Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.” - Acts 4:29-30
- We aren’t being threatened, but we are going to pray against unbelief.
- Many churches and preachers come to this park and begin to preach from a microphone and talk at the people.
- We want to see Jesus reach out his hand to heal and do signs and wonders. People have heard enough, they want to see who this God is that we talk about.
- With no more than 3 people in a group go and pray for someone with an injury or a sickness.
"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ. 9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.” - Colossians 2:8-10
- Pray against the religious spirit that holds many people captive here in Ambato.
- Pray against traditionalism, that people would make a decision for themselves to follow Christ. Not just being catholic because their grandpa was.
- Pray that the Deity of Christ would be emphasized in all the churches.
- Pray against the cults of Ambato that don’t teach the Trinity or the true gospel, Mormons, Jehovah’s Witness, and other movements.
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains.” - Colossians 4:2-3
- Pray that God would open a door for us at the university to be able to touch the lives of these students.
- Pray for boldness for the students that already attend that our church that they would be encouraged to reach out to their friends and invite them.
Ambato Prayer Requests
For the Church:
- Raising the rest of the funds to buy the land for the church
- The construction of the new building in October
- Revival in the lives of each person
- For a TV to display the powerpoint at the back of the church
- Physical and spiritual growth in Sunday School
- For our local church leaders
- For continued growth of the church and that the cell groups would multiply
For the Church-Planting Team:
- The team’s spiritual lives
- To stay away from temptation
- To be encouraged by our daily walk with God, so we can be encouraged to continue doing the work He has here for us
- Unity in the Spirit and good team dynamics and relationships
- To learn how to be more sensitive to the voice of God
- To grow everyday to a new level of worship
- For the Holy Spirit to continually fill our lives and that we would demonstrate His glory
- Spiritual protection
- To stay focused and finish the mission strong
For the City of Ambato:
- The young people of the city
- That God would break the strongholds of Satan here in Ambato, especially in the different Christian cults that are present here
- That the Holy Spirit will have the final victory here in Ambato pronto!
- That the places that harm the world would close-Clubs, bars, brothels, etc.,
- That Ambato would be more sensitive to the gospel
- That Ambato would be a holy city
- That there would be a Nazarene mega-church in Ambato
- That every person would fell the need to seek more of God
- Against the spirit of sexual bondage and immorality over Ambato